I am so pleased with the way this project turned out, I took it slowly, starting back in January when the days were short and the light was dark. I knew I wanted to make a large wreath again but that I also wanted to push the idea further and work alongside the book pages with a colour or texture. Initially I planned to use gold or silver leaf and really work on the gradient effect but copper was to hand and once I got started I decided not to worry quite so much about varying the opacity.
This is the result, I think the copper really lent itself well to the overall effect, bringing warmth and of course brightness to the printed pages. I also found a soft grey ribbon in a yarn shop and took a chance with it’s tone in the shop lighting, a lucky find.
If you are interested in commissioning me to make a wreath for you, please get in touch. I’d love to hear from you.